Supporting and managing Enhancement
SHEEC commissioned a study of how to create and nurture cultures of quality enhancement, and structures and systems to support quality enhancement, in learning and teaching activities within higher education institutions.
A number of outcomes arose from this project:
Study tour to Ontario, Canada
In September 2006, a group representing SHEEC embarked on a study tour to Ontario, Canada.
The group was drawn from:
- Scottish higher education institutions
- the Scottish Executive
- the Scottish Funding Council (SFC)
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education Scotland (QAA Scotland)
- the National Union of Students (NUS) Scotland
- student participation in quality scotland (sparqs).
The main aim of the tour was to investigate, understand and record practice and activity that could be shared with the rest of the Scottish higher education sector in the form of a written report. The focus of the visit was clearly defined as investigating learner-centred approaches to all aspects of the higher education experience.
Making Connections: Investigating learner-centred approaches to higher education in Ontario