C2-1 Provide information and guidance for learners
- To what extent do learners have access to clear information and guidance on RPL?
- To what extent do learners have access to appropriate technologies?
- To what extent do learners know how to use technologies effefctively e.g. e-portfolios and mobile devices?
- Learners are provided with clear information and guidance on all three phases of the RPL process.
- Programme specific guidance is provided using the materials provided with this toolkit together with institutional/departmental materials.
- Information and guidance incorporates:
- What does RPL mean?
- What can you benefit from RPL?
- What support will you get?
- How long will it take?
- Who is the RPL Advisor?
- How much will it cost?
- Guidance is provided on what technologies learners will require to have access to and how to set them.
- Guidance is provided on what digital skills are required, together with sign-posting to institutional resources to help learners to self-assess and develop their digital skills.
- If e-portfolios are used, specific guidance is provided to learners to help them use the full functionality.
- Guidance is provided on using mobile devices to help learners to capture audio and video and upload to their e-portfolio.
- If web-conferencing is to be used, specific guidance on effective use is provided.