C1-6 Adopt technology tools and good practices in their use to support RPL processes
- To what extent are technology tools used to support more efficient RPL processes.
- To what extent are e-portfolios used to their full capabilities and good practices to support RPL processes?
- To what extent have staff undertaken professional development and training programmes relating to digital literacies?
- A blended learning approach to support and assessment is adopted with greater use of technology-enhanced RPL provision.
- E-portfolios are actively driven by staff in a range of uses that extend much further than the traditional written portfolio e.g.
- They are used as a core component of the formative learner planning, reflection, dialogue/feedback and support process.
- They are used as a core medium for communications and engagement between all stakeholders involved in an RPL claim e.g. learners, advisors (mentors), assessors, academic staff, administrator staff, employers.
- Learners use e-portfolios to record, store and showcase all evidence (in all media) in relation to their RPL claim including e.g. work-based artefacts.
- E-portfolios are owned by learners
- Learners are encouraged to produce and collect evidence in many media e.g. audio, video, oral presentations, screencasts etc. using e.g. mobile devices such as SmartPhones, Tablets, digital cameras and video cameras in addition to desktop/laptop devices.
- Advisors ensure that learners are fully aware of, understand, have access to and have the skills to use a range of technologies such as e-portfolios and mobile devices and direct them to appropriate diagnostics, development and support resources/staff.
- Staff use different media to provide feedback to students e.g. through podcasts.
- Core data about learners and their progression through the various stages of an RPL claim is recorded for later synthesis and evaluation.
- Online survey tools are used to support evaluation of the learner experience.
- Learners are informed about their electronic HEAR system and how RPL can contribute to it.