B2-5 Develop a departmental implementation plan for RPL
- Has a departmental implementation plan for RPL been developed which creates the environment for and facilitates programme teams in incorporating RPL into curricula?
- To what extent have all barriers to implementation of RPL been addressed?
- Have specific programmes been prioritised for developing RPL?
- An departmental implementation plan is developed for RPL, incorporating:
- Key RPL processes – three stages
- Roles and responsibilities
- Monitoring, review, research and quality assurance/enhancement
- Staff development and support to guide, support and assess RPL claims
- Guidelines for programme teams
- RPL guiding principles
- Approaches to integrating RPL into curricula
- RPL to shape curriculum design for more flexible provision
- Alignment with other priority areas
- Assessment framework
- Key assessment practice points
- Assessment methods
- Use of technology to support RPL
- Business approaches to RPL
- Range and scope of programmes for which RPL will apply
- Joined-up working within the institution
- The range and scope of programmes for which RPL will apply is defined, prioritising which programmes should be initially targeted.
- Actions to address other barriers to the implementation of RPL in the department are developed (e.g. those identified in the departmental vision, communications and engagement plan).