B2-2 Adopt flexible, transparent and business-like approaches to RPL provision
- To what extent is RPL being developed and implemented in business, like, transparent and streamlined ways?
- To what extent do RPL does the departmental staff workload model and business plan incorporate time and resource for staff to engage with RPL? .
- To what extent do RPL policies, processes and practice conform to relevant laws, codes and institutional policies?
- RPL support and assessment activity is explicitly included in the departmental staff workload model and business plan.
- The mechanisms for supporting and assessing RPL claims are fully documented and readily available to appropriate staff within departments, as well as to potential candidates.
- The fees, fee structure and cost model for RPL are established and the mechanisms for calculating them and what is/is not included are made transparent.
- The costs/benefits of using technology tools are broadly identified.
- The RPL system supports the awarding of specific credit at an appropriate level towards or within particular programmes and discourages claims for general credit with no clear academic goal.
- Appeals and complaints procedures are clearly defined.
- RPL is a standing item on Programme Boards and proposed RPiL claims are discussed and considered by the relevant Programme Board prior to submission.
- Streamlined approaches to support and evidence-gathering are used to ensure the process is accessible to learners and more resource-efficient for staff without undermining the integrity of the process or the outcome.
- Professional market research is undertaken (and adequately resourced) to identify needs and demands for RPL from learners, employers and PSRBs.
- Protocols of engagement for learners and staff are specified to ensue compliance with all relevant laws, codes and policies e.g.
- Data protection
- Data security and protection
- Privacy, equality ethics and diversity.
- Digital identify
- Intellectual property (IPR) - copyright, protection and licensing.
- Freedom of Information.