B1-5 Develop processes for monitoring, review, research, quality-assuring and enhancing RPL
- To what extent are processes and systems for monitoring, reviewing and quality assuring RPL embedded into normal programme, departmental and institutional processes and systems?
- To what extent are RPL enhancement activities aligned with normal programme enhancement practices?
- The process for monitoring the operation of the RPL procedures is clearly described and in line with the requirements of the Programme Monitoring Process, including RPL data in the Annual Programme Analysis.
- RPL constitutes an academic procedure which follows the institutional assessment procedures and general quality assurance procedures for the programme.
- RPL data is audited and is part of QA processes.
- Monitoring the use and impact of the RPL process includes:
- recording the number of learners undertaking RPL
- monitoring the progression of RPL
- monitoring the success rate of RPL claims
- student experience
- staff experience
- Data is captured coherently and used for data/learner analytics and quality assurance.
- The policy, procedures and process of RPL are subject to periodic review and evaluation, informed by quantitative and qualitative evidence, in order to enhance practice.
- Improved data capture and analysis is set in the context of integrated student management information systems.
- Alignment between RPL (design and implementation), QA processes and Quality Code indicators is made explicit.
- Programme teams ensure data is collected in line with institutional/departmental data collection, monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- The department engages in continual RPL innovation, change and research, including the use of technologies to support RPL, such as e-portfolios.
- "Students as partners/change agents" approaches are encouraged to support RPL enhancement.