B1-4 Establish clear roles and responsibilities for RPL
- To what extent have clear roles and responsibilities for RPL been established within the department?
- Have staff been assigned to roles?
- RPL Advisor (mentor) role responsibilities include:
- Providing initial guidance on the RPL process and liaising with the RPL Assessor on the claim (e.g. viability, nature, evidence required and type of assessment).
- Liaising with the RPL Administrator on the process of the RPL claim.
- Providing guidance on the gathering and presenting of evidence of learning (including academic jargon).
- Facilitating opportunities for the applicant’s further learning and development.
- Supporting applicants in the reflective process, for identifying learning through experience.
- Providing unbiased constructive criticism, guidance and feedback.
- RPL Assessor role responsibilities include:
- Assessing RPL claims and making recommendations.
- Identifying and mitigating risks that might affect the quality of assessment.
- RPL Co-ordinator role responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and monitoring RPL process at departmental level.
- Providing the department with information and advice relating to RPL policy and procedures.
- Programme leader responsibilities include:
- Managing the processing of RPL claims made by students post-entry, in liaison with the RPL Coordinator and RPL Advisor and RPL Assessor as appropriate.
- RPL administrator responsibilities include:
- Providing advice and guidance on and co-ordinating RPL processes and signatures.
- Monitoring and recording of RPL claims.
- Assessment board responsibilities include:
- Considers and approves RPiL claims for credit, as well as post-entry credit transfer claims as appropriate.