B1-3 Establish the key components of the RPL process – stage 3: recognition / assessment
- To what extent is the role of the assessor clearly identified with key processes?
The stage of recognition/assessment addresses some, or all, of the following processes:
- Credit transfer claims
- Determining level of credit for RPL claims (acceptability/currency)
- Determining volume of credit for RPL claims (sufficiency) e.g. the amount of time required by the ‘average’ learner, at a particular level, to achieve the outcomes claimed.
- Evaluating evidence of prior credit (authenticity/currency)
- Avoidance of double counting of credit in credit transfer claims
- The use and re-use of credit
- Recording the award of credit
- Recognition of Prior informal Learning (RPiL): Assessing the RPiL claim
- Module claims
- Claims for entry at an advanced level within an award
- Avoidance of double counting of credit in RPiL claims