B1-1 Establish the key components of the RPL process – stage 1: advice and guidance
- To what extent are applicants provided with clear, accurate and accessible advice and guidance?
- Do applicants have clear points of contact for advice and guidance?
- Do applicants have realistic expectations regarding the possible outcomes of RPL/RPiL before commencing the process?
- Applicants are provided with a full understanding of each of the three stages of the RPL process:
- Advice and guidance
- Recognition / assessment
- The applicant is provided with key points of contact for reliable and frequent advice and guidance.
- Preliminary information and guidance on RPL and RPiL is be provided, including:
- RPL principles
- The advice and guidance ensures that applicants have realistic expectations regarding the possible outcomes of RPL/RPiL before commencing the process.
- The advice and guidance addresses likely questions from applicants:
- What is RPL?
- Why are there two different types?
- What is involved?
- How do I make a claim for RPL or RPiL?
- Who do I talk to for advice/who will support me through the process?
- Is there any cost involved?
- How much credit can I gain?
- How long will it take?
- Advice and guidance is reinforced in written or electronic form as well as through discussion and is clear, accurate and accessible.