A2-2 Identify employer and Professional body needs and profiles for RPL
- What are the profiles of employers and PSRBs who could benefit from departmental programmes that incorporate RPL?
- How could employers and PSRBs benefit from RPL?
- What is the market size for such employers and PSRBs?
- Potential employer and PSRB profiles which could benefit from RPL are identified e.g.
- Employers which recognise the need for generation of new ideas and developments as a result of the employee/learner reflecting on work activities.
- Employers which seek to identify employees’ skills and skills gaps effectively as well as identifying appropriate training opportunities.
- Potential benefits of RPL for employers and PSRBs are identified e.g.
- Increase employee retention
- Reduce recruitment and training costs
- Support workforce development planning and targeting of training/continuing professional development
- Assist in recruitment and career advancement decisions
- Increase motivation of employees and enhancing workplace/professional practice
- Support legislative requirements for a qualified workforce.
- Can reduce the time required in employee training due to minimised duplication of learning
- Can provide increased motivation and interest in workplace activities on the part of the employee/learner
- Can generate new ideas and developments for the organisation as a result of the employee/learner reflecting on work activities.