QAA retains the right to remove any comments posted on our social media accounts by external users, to block users from our accounts, and to report malicious activity to website moderators.
Comments may be removed and/or users blocked if:
- they are disruptive, offensive or abusive
- they are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable
- we suspect spamming activity
- they are advertising or promoting products or services
We will update and monitor our social media accounts during office hours, Monday to Friday.
Social media websites may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
Responding to messages
We welcome feedback and ideas and try to respond wherever possible. However, we are not able to reply individually to all the messages we receive through our social media accounts.
Feedback, questions, key topics and trends are passed to the relevant people in QAA, in line with our data protection policy.
You can also contact us by email, phone or post.
If you follow us on Twitter, you can expect up to five posts a day covering some or all of the following:
- alerts about new content available from our other digital channels (news, publications, films, podcasts and website updates)
- invitations to provide feedback during our public consultations on specific areas of work
- information from QAA staff and stakeholders about our current projects
- occasional live coverage of events hosted by QAA and other higher education organisations (you can expect more than five posts per day during live coverage)
- re-tweets of relevant higher education news, stories and information.
We will re-tweet information on a case-by-case basis. A re-tweet from QAA does not imply direct endorsement by the wider organisation.
It is QAA's policy not to link to the websites or work of commercial organisations unless there is a direct and relevant link to our work in assuring the quality and standards of higher education.
We may use some automation on our Twitter account, such as tools which generate content from RSS feeds. We intend that this will not dominate the messages posted.
Following Enhancement Themes
If you follow us on Twitter we will follow you back. This is automated. Being followed by us does not imply endorsement of any kind.
This policy was last reviewed on 30 November 2011.