About this event
Focus On projects cover topics that occur frequently in Enhancement-led Institution Review
(ELIR) outcomes (either as areas for development or, sometimes, as good practice). All higher education institutions in the Scottish university sector work collectively to promote policy and practice around these topics.
This event will showcase the outcomes of this year's Focus On project on the PGR Student Experience and will cover the four project strands:
- training and support for postgraduate students who teach
- support for staff who supervise research students
- building a research community for PGR students
- student representation for PGR students.
As well as contributions from sector colleagues about policy and practice on a range of issues contributing to the PGR Student Experience, delegates will have the opportunity to hear from Focus On project teams working on:
- the new Statement of Expectations for the support of Postgraduate Students who Teach, intended to provide institutions with a practical tool to benchmark, evaluate and enhance their provision in this area using approaches tried and tested by colleagues in the Scottish sector and beyond
- a project on what 'research community' means and how we can best provide a sense of community to our PGR students to enhance their experience of postgraduate study
- the new film What I Wish I'd Known When I Started Teaching.
More information is available on the Focus On pages.
Who should attend this event?
This event will appeal to policy makers, staff and student representatives involved in working with postgraduate students, and postgraduate students themselves.
Venue and map
Venue: The Grand Central Hotel
Address: 99 Gordon Street, Glasgow, G1 3SF
Telephone No: 0141 240 3700