Research-Teaching Linkages: graduate attributes
The attributes and skills that work on the Theme focused on were:
At undergraduate level:
- critical understanding informed by current developments in the subject
- an awareness of the provisional nature of knowledge, how knowledge is created, advanced and renewed, and the excitement of changing knowledge
- the ability to identify and analyse problems and issues, and to formulate, evaluate and apply evidence-based solutions and arguments
- the ability to apply a systematic and critical assessment of complex problems and issues
- the ability to deploy techniques of analysis and enquiry
- familiarity with advanced techniques and skills
- originality and creativity in formulating, evaluating and applying evidence based solutions and arguments
- an understanding of the need for a high level of ethical, social, cultural, environmental and wider professional conduct.
At master's level:
- conceptual understanding that enables critical evaluation of current research and advanced scholarship
- originality in the application of knowledge
- the ability to deal with complex issues and make sound judgements in the absence of complete data.