The work of the Employability Enhancement Theme ran from 2004 in parallel with the Flexible Delivery Theme.
The Employability Theme aimed to:
- raise the profile of employability, including its benefits to students, employers and academic staff
- create a clearer understanding of what is meant by employability
- encourage and provide assistance for the Scottish higher education sector in developing institutional employability strategies
- aid the embedding of employability within the curriculum
- implement its strategy in parallel with work on Personal Development Planning (PDP) as part of the Effective Learning Framework project.